8 facts about Krasnaya Polyana ski resort (Sochi, Russia)
The popular ski resort is an excellent alternative to European resorts – Zermatt, Courchevel and other expensive points. Due to the favorable exchange rate the prices for the services are considerably lower! This 8 fact about Krasnaya Polyana ski resert located in Sochi would give you first impression of this wonderful place:
- The first hostel in Krasnaya Polyana was opened in 1924;
2. Two centuries ago, the last village of mountaineers – aul Kbaade was on the territory of the resort;
3. There is beautiful apiary located near the resort where you can taste the most delicious honey in the Caucasus;
4. Five thousand inhabitants of Krasnaya Polyana represents of more than 20 nationalities;
5. From Krasnaya Polyana it is possible to go to the Caucasus State Biosphere Reserve
6. It is more than 20 attractions located on the territory of Krasnaya Polyana, from dolmens to the trout farm;
7. The most popular ski resorts are “Rosa Khutor”, GTZ OAO “Gazprom”, “City of Hills”.
8. Olympic Games of 2014 were held on the slopes of Rosa Khutor, the total length of the traces is 77 km. Trails provide opportunities for athletes of various level of training.